This Liebster Award, is an award that acknowledges the work of other bloggers who are often new or up and coming and requires the nominee to share unknown facts about themselves.
Thank you so much Haley at If you give a blonde a kitchen, for the nomination! I am always inspired by your recipes, photography, and stories! I look forward to what you make in the future. And if you need any taste testers on the west coast, count me in! I first saw Haley’s blog through Instagram and was immediately drawn to her beautiful food pictures. Now, once I follow her blog, I am even more inspired.
Now here are the nominees:
- Two Red Bowls
- Vanessa at Sweet Mayberry
- Chocolate Spoon and the Camera
- Felicia at Love. Live. Eat
- Last but not least, my love Carlo at Carlofuda.com
- Thank the person who nominated me.
- Answer questions given to me by the person who nominated me.
- Nominate 5-10 people for the award.
- Ask about 10 questions the nominees have to answer.
- Comment on the nominee’s blog to let them know they received the award.
As part of the Liebster Award, the nominee must answer a few questions that their nominator asked them, so readers can learn more about the blogger! So fun! Here are the 10 questions Haley asked me:
- Who’s your favorite celebrity chef or food personality? I absolutely love Ina Garten! I actually saw her last night when she was visiting Sonoma Country for a Q&A presentation. I have loved her show every since it was on, and I truly dedicate my basic cooking/baking techniques to her! She has taught me so much. If you notice in my chocolate baking, I ALWAYS add a little coffee or espresso. I picked that trick up from her show and noticed that she is completely correct, it makes chocolate taste richer and more chocolaty!
- If you were to go on any reality TV program, what would it be and why? I was already featured on The American Baking Competition as a competitor in 2013. It was very fun, and I met my amazing baking boyfriend on it! But if I were to do reality TV again, I would love to simply cook with an idol (Ina or Giada!)
- Who is your biggest blog supporter? (This can be a family member, friend, or fellow blogger). I am so fortunate to have many supporters! Of course, my family is always ready and willing to taste test, proof read, and brainstorm new ideas for my blog. My boyfriend is also a wonderful supporter. He does all of my food photography and is also a baker, so he helps me develop delicious recipes. Last but not least, my amazing friends and coworkers who never hesitate to grab a fork to try my newest creation! I couldn’t have done any of this without all of them.
- If you could spend one day anywhere in the world, where would it be? I work in wine and as you know, love to bake, so my dream place to spend a day would either be Tuscany or Paris… Great wine, great food… seriously? What could be better?
- How many other people’s blog post do you read on average, per day? I subscribe to a couple different blogs and whenever I get an email on a new recipe I usually ALWAYS read it! I at least look at 1 blog a day.
- What is your favorite holiday and why? My favorite holiday is Christmas time! My best baking ideas always come to me around this time. Everyone’s family recipes are made and there is inspiration everywhere! I mean, it IS the most wonderful time of the year.
- Who is your hero? I know it is cheesy, but my parents are definitely my heroes. They have provided me with love and support my whole life, always pushing me to follow me dreams, especially in baking. They have been together since 18 years old, and still have the time of their lives together. They take the time to enjoy themselves and also write a pretty awesome wine blog (Bacchus & Beery)!
- One food ingredient you can’t live without? My friends Sarah and Paul gave my boyfriend and I truffle salt… I don’t think I can go on without it now. Seasoning your food is so extremely important… and add black truffle to it? You can’t go wrong, especially if you are cooking red meats.
- How did you choose the name for your blog? I chose the name from my blog from my own name! Appleton is my middle name and these are all my desserts!
- Cats or dogs? I love both cats and dogs, but right now, I have to go with dogs! James and I have an amazing, sweet, and cute cuddle machine named Audrey. She is a three year old pit bull mix and I couldn’t dream of a better 4 legged child in our home. She is also always willing to taste test my creations!
Now, here are questions for my nominees!
- Who is the biggest inspiration for cooking/baking in your life?
- What was the first dish you completed all on your own?
- What is your favorite restaurant spot around where you live?
- Favorite guilty pleasure (TV show, food, anything…)?
- What is your favorite dessert to eat and to make?
- How did you get into blogging?
- Besides cooking/baking, what is your favorite hobby?
- How do you get followers on your blog? Social media, personal contact, etc?
- What inspires you the most in life?
- Favorite music?
Thank you again so much Haley for my nomination! Now get back to blogging…